Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Insomniac...

Lately I've been having trouble sleeping. Matt can talk and hang out and laugh, and then when he decides its time to go to bed, he's snoring within 5 minutes. I, on the other hand, close my eyes and my brain instantly decides I! AM! AWAKE! So awake! Lets make 25000 to-do lists and think about all the ways we could fail out of school because that would be so much fun. 

Seriously y'all. How could a girl get to sleep with a million different things that demand at least one thought devoted to each of them? There's also TV episodes to get caught up on, sudoku puzzles to do, trips to plan, not to mention homework and other school-related nastiness.

If I could just come up with a way not to sleep at all, I would be the most successful person (maybe ever). My productive hours just happen to be between 11pm to 3am. 
..........

T-town was a gross place to be today. 70 degrees, 100% humidity, overcast and sporadically raining. Uh, no thanks. I was sticky and my hair was 5x the size it normally is (Thanks genetics! And curls! You are not appreciated).

The low point of my day was when a bee flew into my history class and buzzed around the ceiling, swooping dangerously close to my head every time it came on my side of the room. No one else seemed to feel any concern, other than giving it a cursory glance and returning their focus to the lecture. I was one teeny mental step below sheer panic (Have you ever had a bee stuck in your hair? And every time it flutters its wings in your frizzy mop it gets a little more snarled? And a little more angry? And by the time you get it out it is done playing games with you, thank-you-very-much? No? Just me then.), because seriously, you guys, BEE IN THE CLASSROOM. 

Suffice it to say that I caused way more distraction with the constant turning of my head and the terrified expression on my face than that stupid damn bee did. 

Bee - 1, Chelsey - 0.
..........

Best friend comes this weekend! Finally! She'll get a good strong dose of some good ol' southern everything and will probably never want to come back. This at least is my fear.
........

Procrastination has bit me in the ass again. In an indirect, I-wish-I-wasn't-a-space-cadet kind of way. Outline for essay that we can use on the test? Due at 6:00pm. When I thought it was due? 9:00pm. So when I decided to recheck the assignment at 7, it was kind of too late. Like, don't even think about it too late. So now I am faced with the daunting task of memorizing every. quote. I need. Yay! This is high school all over again! (You'd think I would have figured this kind of stuff by now right? Me too, you guys. Me too.).

Guess I better get started. Me and World Literature are about to have a very intense night together. On the couch. 

Avert your eyes if I'm getting too graphic here.

No comments:

Post a Comment