Monday, February 27, 2012

A/C filters

The repairmen that work for my housing complex are here changing the A/C filters. I had no idea they were coming today, or that they would show up at 10:00 in the morning. Which, of course I couldn't get the door because you know, pajamas and sleeping and general morning-y issues. And of course they have a key, so after ringing the doorbell three times and pounding on it hard enough to (maybe) make the glass break, they came in.

So I did the adult thing and hid in the bathroom.

Seriously, I was highly doubtful that anything to do with the A/C was hidden in there, but now I'm freaked out because there's a weird rushing sound going through the vents even though the heat should be on and I keep thinking I hear footsteps in the hallway and Matt's radio is going off so I keep mistaking that for voices and I don't know if they locked the door and I obviously can't check.

Thanks a heap for the morning paranoia y'all. Next time lets schedule in-home things for a time when the average college student is awake.
.....

However...they are giving out free cupcakes this morning so I guess as long as Matt picks me up one things will be okay.


Update-
The weird rushing sound? Is air, dumbass. Or at least I'm pretty sure the repair guy added that last bit when he came to check out the weird rushing/whirring noise in our attic. It was the weirdest noise ever. Like a machine was up there? Or something? Guess what! There is and it's just the freaking AIR CONDITIONING. Turns out our filter was SO nasty that we were getting hardly any flow at all (hmm....I wonder why we were exceeding our utility bill by $120 a month....whatever could it have been...) and we just aren't used to the noises of having an actual air conditioner that is working in our house. So, happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment