Friday, May 18, 2012

Oh, The Delay

So, yeah I guess I haven't posted in a few weeks. Many weeks? Not sure when you end up crossing that line.

After making it through finals week AND packing my (ungodly amounts of) stuff to spend the summer in Northern Virginia, I went to Cincinnati with dear boyfriend to spend a much-needed week turning my brain completely off and only contemplating the really difficult questions (Should we get a red spatula for our kitchen next year? Or a white one? DECISIONS DECISIONS OH MY GAHH) (we picked red) (it's the official accent color of our living room) (I know.)

I've been to Cincinnati roughly a million and one times since Matt and I started dating, so I didn't really do a lot of sightseeing, but I did eat. Oh boy, did I EVER eat. We ate out every. single. night. I forgot what it was like to wake up in the morning and feel empty...not full? Because I was full every day for 10 days. AM PRIVILEGED ALSO FAT. And coming off of a college diet/budget, it was roughly like going to steak filled heaven. Which is probably my personal version of heaven anyway. If there is a heaven. And if there is, STEAK. 

Anyway.

I'll maybe/probably end up outlining the restaurants later on, but right now I just want to talk about my two Cincinnati loves (sorry Matt): Skyline and Graeters. (If you're from Cincinnati, then, well, yeah I know its a little stereotypical and also not exactly haute-cuisine but DAMMIT, tasty and delicious).

Skyline chili is pretty much the greatest thing since, well, food was invented probably. It's chili, and no one really knows whats in it besides chocolate (which probably isn't even a main ingredient but somehow everyone knows about it) and some kind of meat. Perhaps. It's also not the thick, chunky chili that your mom makes (Thank goodness, right?). And they pour it on coneys or noodles or even burritos (which I haven't had) and it's awesome. Almost awesome enough for me to forgive their semi-annoying and outdated jingle (it's skyline time...)

A typical skyline meal goes like this:

1. Enter restaurant. Look around for a place to sit and then end up going to the same table you sit at every time.

2. Be greeted by a waitress who will give you a bowl of oyster crackers (of which you will eat approx. 500 of before you leave) and your drinks.

3. Order. Two coneys without (onions and mustard) and a four-way onion. At least, if your names are Chelsey and Matt.

4. Wait the 10 seconds it takes for them to make this and the waitress to bring it to you.

5. Devour.

6. Pay at the register and buy two york peppermint patties so that your companion doesn't hate you for your breath later.

7. Feel regret and also satisfaction.

Graeters explanation later. Am too hungry to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment